I was recently honored to receive the versatile blogger award from reading interrupted and inlovewithjournals.
According to her “About Me” page, Letizia from reading interrupted still hasn’t “mastered the art of walking and reading at the same time.” Her multilingual blog is a wonderful exploration of the reading experience and even includes a questionnaire about reading habits.
I love the concept for inlovewithjournals (from the About page). Heather says:
“I am a 40-something woman who has a serious problem with collecting journals, either as gifts or those purchased myself. Sometimes I think I need a support group, like Journallers Anonymous. I just love them. I’m in love with them. And I want to talk about them.”
Thank you both very much!
Ok, now I have the priveledge of nominating 15 other blogs that I enjoy. This is in no particular order and the blogs chosen reflect my interests. Here they are:
3. Heifer 12×12
10. Phillip Hoose
13. a novel toybox
Ok, and now (per the rules of the award) I will tell you seven fun facts about myself. Let’s see…
1. I love making up songs with Shawn about Katniss (this usually involves changing a well-known song to include our black kitty friend).
2. African Nectar Mighty Leaf tea got me through my senior year at UMaine and it still remains in my top 5 for herbal teas.
3. Laundry is my favorite chore.
4. I am sorely tempted to do a “media cleanse” for a month and go without the Internet, T.V. and magazines. But that would mean no blogging (and I use the Internet a lot for my job, so maybe this isn’t feasible).
5. I am in the process of creating a Bucket List of things I want to do this summer. If you have any suggestions, please leave them in the comments!
6. If I could invite three famous people to lunch, David Sedaris would be one of my choices.
7. I love reading blogs to learn about subcultures I would never have discovered otherwise.